Frequently Asked Questions
What deposits are due and how do I make payments?
- A $75 camper deposit is due April 15, all remaining balances are due June 1. Units can mail payments to Samoset Council (3511 Camp Phillips Road, Weston WI 54476) or make payments online using the procedures found in this document.
How do I notify the camps of a special dietary need?
- We will accommodate campers with special dietary needs by adjusting their menu or making substitutions. However, in order to make the necessary changes we need to know at least two weeks in advance. Please notify us of any special dietary needs or restrictions using this form. You may also contact the camp with specific questions.
Do you offer financial assistance to help with the camp fee?
- Yes, the Tesomas Alumni Camping Trust has been established to assist any Scout or Scouter with financial need to experience camping. Request for camperships must be made using the Samoset Council Campership Application for each person by April 1st.
Where can I find the latest merit badge requirements?
- Merit badge requirements can be found in the most current edition of the Boy Scout Requirements book. Current requirements can also be found online at www.scouting.org.
Where can I find the prerequisites for merit badges offered at camp?
What type of high adventure programs does Tesomas offer?
- Our high adventure programs can be found on the trek pages. Click here for more information. We offer both single and week long treks for your older Scouts.
What type of first year camper program does Tesomas offer?
- Our first year camper program area is called Eagle Quest. This area offers opportunities to help young Scouts complete their Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class ranks. The schedule is divided up by individual requirements to allow Scouts to select only the requirements they need to finish the rank they are working on. See the Eagle Quest page for more information.
How do unit leaders sign Scouts up for merit badges?
- We encourage units to sign up their Scouts for merit badges before coming to camp using the online registration system. This allows us to better manage classes sizes and make adjustments accordingly. Merit badges classes will never be canceled due to lack of participation, however, we may add additional classes if needed. More information can be found in the online registration help file.
- All bluecards will be turned in at the Sunday Adult Leader meeting. Please indicate the time when the merit badges/activity is going to be taken on the top of the bluecard just above the Scout's address. Our staff will then enter any changes/additions into the system and place the bluecards in the appropriate instructor's mailbox.
What type of programs does Tesomas offer to Leaders?
- Leaders often tell us that they have more fun then their Scouts. We offer many programs to keep them busy: including trainings, tournaments, and work projects. More information can be found on the leader program page.