- If you haven’t already, submit your unit reservation and deposit to secure space.
- Inform all Scouts and their parents about your unit’s summer plans.
- Recruit at least two adult Leaders (one at least 21 or older) to be in camp at all times during your stay. Have one additional Leader, 18 or older, for every five Scouts.
- Schedule a promotional presentation for your Pack or Den with the Scout center (800-303-2195).
- Take note of the payment plan and be sure to stay on target with the due date.
- Attend one of our Camp Preview Webinars to learn about our exciting programs and services. A copy of this presentation is also available online.
- Turn in all Campership Applications to the Samoset Office (3511 Camp Phillips Road, Weston WI 54476) by April 1.
- Camper Deposits are due April 15. All remaining fees are due June 1 to the Samoset Office.
- Consider each Scout’s needs for advancement to help him in his camp advancement planning.
- Non-Samoset Council Units should ensure all forms are on file at your Council’s office, such as a local tour permit. Please bring your own Council’s insurance form with you to camp.
- Pre-order custom t-shirts to ensure everyone will have one to wear. Shirts ordered by May 8 will cost $12.50 and can be customized with your unit number or other text.
- Send out final camp notices to all parents including a list of what to bring.
- Have committee members visit parents of Scouts not registered to encourage their attendance with your unit or with another unit.
- Ensure that all Scouts and Leaders will have their medical forms with updated signatures before coming to camp. Also, have the Scout medication form filled out for those Scouts taking medication at camp.
- Fill out special dietary needs form for all Scouts requiring special meals at least two weeks before your arrival.
- Attend Spring Work Trek on May 1-3, 2015.
- Add any last minute campers to your registration and mail your final unit payment (due June 1).
Two Weeks Before Camp
- Collect all Scout & Leader medical forms (ensure that we will be able to keep a copy of each) and Scout medication forms. You should bring copies (not originals) to camp.
- Hold an inspection of personal packs and equipment. Prepare unit equipment for camp.
- Prepare multiple copies of your unit roster for camp and other leaders.
Several Days Before Camp
- Complete the final check on transportation to ensure everyone has a ride to and from camp.
- Remind the Scouts of the behavior standards necessary for a Scouting trip.
- Remind the Scouts to pack a lunch for the day you arrive unless you plan to stop.
- Plan to arrive at 1:30 PM with your entire Pack or Den ready to check in.
Right Before You Depart
- Collect any remaining medical forms and ensure everyone has his medications in their original containers with a label containing the Scout’s name and unit number.
- Ensure rides will be at camp to pick Scouts up before 10:00 am on your day of departure.