Arrival and Departure
With many Scouts and Leaders arriving and checking in at the same time, we need your help. We want to make this the easiest, fastest, and most efficient check in process you’ve ever experienced. Staff will be available in the parking lot and at various check-in points to assist wherever needed.
- Arrive between 1:30 and 2:30 pm with your entire unit.
- A member of the staff will be your campsite host and will assist and lead your unit throughout the entire check-in procedure. They will provide a packet of information related to your stay.
- Move to main camp for medical rechecks and Dining Hall orientation. Be prepared to present a copy of everyone’s medical form for camp to keep in alphabetical order at the medical recheck station. Medication must be turned in the Health Officer sometime Sunday afternoon.
- Move into your campsite with your gear. Only one vehicle per unit will be allowed to go to your campsite at a time. Unit trailers are allowed and can be parked within the confines of your site.
- As soon as possible, change into your swimming suits, grab a towel and put on shoes to continue the check-in orientation. (You can come to camp wearing your swimsuit to save time.)
- Next, move to the Waterfront area for your swim tests. This is required for anyone to enter the Waterfront area during your stay. Each camper will receive a "buddy tag" which must be used to
enter the Waterfront.
- Return to your campsite, change clothes for the evening meal (Scout uniform), and finish your campsite set-up. For questions in regards to advancement visit the Program Center anytime during
- Flag lowering will be at 6:20 with dinner following. After dinner a staff member will lead you on a tour of camp. This is a great opportunity for new Scouts to become familiar with the layout of camp
and returning Scouts to be introduced to changes from previous years. The tour will conclude at the
Grand Council Ring for the Opening Campfire.
If your unit needs to arrive early, please contact the camp office at 715-365-3111 to get approval. Units that arrive early are on their own until check-in starts on Sunday.
- Sweep the floors and wipe down walls in the campsite latrine. Scrub and clean urinal, toilet seats, and washbasin. Be sure to wear gloves and wash hands afterward.
- Wash and rinse picnic tables.
- Return shovel, rake, broom, and other campsite supplies to the latrine.
- Leave a complimentary woodpile for the next unit.
- Pick up all trash in and around your campsite. Sort your trash and leave it tied by the road. Rinse out the waste receptacles.
- Return any equipment borrowed from camp to the appropriate location.
- Settle your unit’s account, pick up your patches, medication, and troop photos, and turn in your Adult Leader and SPL evaluations at the Program Center.
- Sign up for Hanna Winter Resort and Tesomas 2013.
Any Scout leaving prior to Saturday morning must have a completed Scout release form on file (requires a parent’s signature). This form is available online or at the camp office.