While At Tesomas
Daily Program Schedule:
7:00-7:40..... Breakfast Group A
7:50.............. Camp Flag Raising Ceremony
8:00-8:40...... Breakfast Group B
8:45.............. SPL Meeting in front of the Program Center
9:00-11:50.... Advancement Instruction
9:30-10:00.... Leaders Meeting
12:05-12:45.. Lunch Group A / Chapel Group B
1:05-1:45...... Lunch Group B / Chapel Group A
2:00-3:30...... Advancement Instruction
3:30-5:00...... Open Area Time
5:30-6:10...... Dinner Group A (except Tuesday & Wednesday)
6:20.............. Camp Flag Retreat Ceremony (except Tuesday, 5:50 Wednesday)
6:30-7:15...... Dinner Group B (except Tuesday & Wednesday)
7:45-9:00...... Evening Program
10:30............ Quiet Time
- Free time from 3:30 -5:00 is great for activities like open shooting, boating, climbing, field sports, swimming, and program area instruction.
- Program areas will also have organized and themed events/competitions that will be promoted throughout the week. The program supplement will list these various activities and will be given to you when you arrive at camp.
- Hiking Trail maps are available in main camp.
- Adult Leader Meeting, 7:30, Program Center: A first day orientation to prepare you for the rest of the week. Please send at least one adult leader from your unit and bring advancement changes as well as any blue cards that have not been put in mailboxes.
- Campwide Tours, 7:30, Main Camp: An opportunity for new Scouts to become familiar with the layout of camp and returning Scouts to be introduced to changes from previous years. The tour will conclude at the Grand Council Ring for the Opening Campfire.
- Opening Campfire, 8:15-9:00, Grand Council Ring: Following dinner sit back and enjoy the staff welcoming you home with skits, songs, and special messages.
- Cracker Barrel, 9:00-9:30, Dining Hall: Following the campfire you will have a chance to meet the staff while enjoying some special treats.
- Blast from the Past, 7:45- 9:00, Main Camp: Join us as we travel back through time! Scouts or adults can participate in patrol oriented activities that will test teamwork, patience, and skills. The volley ball
pit will be open to play against other Scouts or staff, as well as kubb, and other individual activities.
- Unit Campsite Cookout, 6:30, Your Campsite: Each unit will select and cook their evening meal in their campsite. Tuesday afternoon, the staff will deliver a cooler full of your food to your site.
- Picnic/Visitor Night, 3:30-7:30, Main Camp: Invite your friends and family to camp for a visit, tour, and meal. During the afternoon visit program areas. Then join us for our picnic style meal at 6:00. Tickets for this meal may be purchased in the Program Center for $5 a plate.
- OA Call Out Ceremony, 8:00-9:00, Grand Council Ring: Each Scoutmaster should talk with the OA Coordinator, on Sunday to discuss your unit’s involvement with the OA during your stay. Wednesday night, all guests should assemble outside the Grand Council Ring gateway at 7:30. Your unit should assemble quietly in a single-file line at the same time and will be let in after the guests. Tom Kita Chara Lodge’s Call Out Ceremony has been the finest Ceremony for nearly 75 years.
- OA Brotherhood Ceremony, 7:45-8:10, Ordeal Ceremony, 8:15-9:00, Arrow Bowl: All Order of the Arrow members are encouraged to attend these induction ceremonies.
- Throwback Thursday, 7:45-9:00, Main Camp: Choose your own adventure at the Hanna Venture Base.
Various elements of COPE and climbing will be open, along with other activities at Hanna and Personal
- Closing Campfire, 7:45-8:30, Grand Council Ring: To finish off your last night with us, we will have
some special entertainment and recognitions to share with you. Some units may be chosen to perform
skits or songs for the rest of camp to enjoy.
- Slideshow, 8:30-8:45 am, Dining Hall: Following breakfast, we will present your very own slideshow filled with memories of your week. A copy can be purchased in the program center upon checkout. Proceeds from these sales go to further our technology.